View Single Post
Old 08 Jun 2015, 21:36   #530
varu
Guru

varu

"In a way, The cruise was the first sign of solidarity I received from home.
A few days after the screening, after I found myself back on solid ground, the first feeling I experienced was authentic joy. Without my realising, Daneliuc was allowing me to come into his atelier to show me not only what films are made of, but also what our lives are made of. I was struck by the courage with which he, the author, delivered his own confession.
Until then, I was fumbling in the dark trying to define cinema by centering my discourse on film, an object which is the result of the creative process. The cruise made me understand that film was only the imperfect expression of an incomplete confession. Daneliuc was waving to me from behind Nicolae Albani, just like, years before him, Cassavetes winked at me from behind Genna Rowland's wink on the screen.
Now, after seeing it again and gain, The cruise continues to confirm to me the fact that it is only confession, this painful process in whose ephemeral grip the author is caught, that can or at least could amount to actual cinema."

(Cristi Puiu)

varu is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif