View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2012, 21:48   #17
Kriss_Kringle
Guru

Kriss_Kringle

Originally Posted by robertsandu:
nimeni nu-și permite să riște 200 de milioane de dolari cu vreo mare inovație.

Aici te afli intr-o mica contradictie pentru ca Avatar a venit cu inovatii la categoria performance capture si multe filme au beneficiat de ele din 2009 pana acum dar am inteles la ce incercai sa te referi.

Uite si un fragment dintr-un interviu cu James Cameron:

What innovations have you developed for Avatar?

We have greatly enhanced the size of the performance-capture stage, which we call The Volume, to six times the size previously used. And we have incorporated a real-time virtual camera, which allows me to direct [computer-generated] scenes as I would live-action scenes. I can see my actors performing as their characters, in real-time, and I can move my camera to adjust to their performances.

In addition, we have pioneered facial performance capture, in conjunction with our visual effects partner, Weta Digital. This technique eliminates hours in the makeup chair, and various other discomforts, for the actors. Previously, actors needed to have hundreds of tiny spherical markers glued to their faces, and they couldn't touch their own faces throughout the shooting day as a result. With the new system, a lightweight head-rig can be donned minutes before shooting.

We have had great success, and other filmmakers such as Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson have worked on our virtual stage doing tests for their upcoming films, and given high praise to the system.