Thread: Garden State
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:15   #1
Ambra Blu
Banned

Ambra Blu

Garden State

Stiu ca s-a mai mentionat acest film here and there si stiu ca nici povestea - a numb person in the garden state, his homecoming and what awaits him there - l.o.v.e. (i spelled it that way beacuse, as the song has it, this is the 4-letter word ) doesn't qualify it as a full-time taboo-breaker; however, given that this state (of mind, as K's pointed out) had to have a place of its own under the sun, i decided to make room for it in here. the story might sound like love between two vegetables and it might taste like soup, but it doesnt. instead, it is one of the most touching, hearty, smart, slick, gimmick-imbued films I saw this year. even though garden state and eternal sunshine do not bear enough resemblance to each other (as reported ), they do share enough things in common for me to love them both. and i cannot but mention the exquisite, mellow (down tempo even, if we take into account thievery corporation and zero 7) albeit hope giving OST and recommend this film with all my hertz.

ps: even though it speaks of vegetables (or of the numb), it has more meat to it than many other canned films.
Ambra Blu is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif