View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2019, 14:23   #1724
klute
Guru

klute

S-ar putea să-l știi deja, numai că, de dragul inutilității, al detaliilor pitorești și al coincidențelor cu efect de geometrie, tot am să postez un paragraf dintr-un articol apărut peste mări și țări, în urmă cu ani și care e în chestie: "For all their daring and austerity, these works cannot replicate the peculiar engrossment of Krasznahorkai’s prose (nor, of course, do they exactly seek to). 'Werckmeister Harmonies' simplifies considerably the political machinations of the villagers in 'The Melancholy of Resistance,' at the cost of pushing the story toward a Central European magic realism. So readers of English await more of Krasznahorkai’s fiction, and are, seemingly, reliant on Szirtes, his translator, and on the enlightened largesse - for that is what it is - of New Directions. His work tends to get passed around like rare currency. I first heard of 'The Melancholy of Resistance' when a freakishly well-read Romanian graduate student handed me a copy, convinced that I would like it. I opened it, was slightly excited and slightly alienated by that typographic lava flow, and then put the book on a shelf, in the resignedly optimistic way in which one deals with difficult work - one day, one day. The sense of somewhat cultic excitement persists, apparently. While I was taking notes on these books, a Hungarian woman stopped at my table in a café and asked me why I was studying this particular author. She knew his work; indeed, she knew the author (and had, she said, gone to see 'Pulp Fiction' with him in Boston, when it came out), and she wanted to talk to me now about this writer." (textul integral aici)

(Am impresia că, pînă acum, doar Satantango a fost tradus în română.)