View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2013, 01:21   #468
Federico
Snob Elitist

Federico

Btw, inca o aspirina sapientiala furata cu nerusinare de la vecinii de pe Mubi si care aproape ca mi-a salvat viata :

Sometimes you have to stop trying to process everything on the fly and just let it wash over you for a while.

[credit: Matt Parks]

PS: Si-nca una (un flacon intreg de data asta):

Person A: “I like Air America – it was cool”.
Person B: “Fuck that shit – you should watch some Tarantino. That’s cool”.

Later….

Person B: “That Tarantino, man he really knows his stuff”.
Person C: “You’re joking aren’t you? He’s so derivative. If you want to see some really good cinema you should watch foreign movies”.
Person B: (a little intrigued) “Really? Like what”?
Person C: “Like City On Fire, or Bullet In The Head, or maybe Hero”.

Later, on an internet forum…

Person C: “Yes, I thought the action sequences in Woo’s A Better Tomorrow were really impressive. Almost balletic”.
Person D: “Well, I’m not much into action flicks – they’re kinda dumb”.
Person C: “What do you mean dumb? What do you watch”?
Person D: “Me? I like Kurosawa. Ran’s the best thing I’ve seen in years. I also like Fellini, and Godard”.

Later, on theauteurs…

Person D: (feeling quite smug) “Yes, my favourites are Kurosawa, Fellini, and Godard”.
Person E: (auteurs regular) “Oh god – not the same old canon shit. Why can’t people look outside the box once in a while”?
Person D: (slightly annoyed) “What do you mean? All the polls say these guys’ films are the greatest ever made”!
Person E: (snorting derisively) “Yeah, right. Like Sight and Sound’s the only authority on films”.
Person D: “Well, who’s better”?
Person E: “Oh, loads of folk. Like Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Hirokazu Koreeda, Andrzej Zulawski”.
Person D: “Oh”.

Later on theauteurs…

Person E: “Apichatpong Weerasethakul has to be my absolute favourite these days”.
Person F: “Jesus. Not him again. Have you never heard of…”

[Bibliografie: http://mubi.com/topics/the-rocky-roa...g-a-cinephile]

Last edited by Federico : 24 Feb 2013 at 01:24.
Federico is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif