View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2003, 13:03   #5
PoliFanAthic
Guru

PoliFanAthic

Send a message via ICQ to PoliFanAthic Send a message via AIM to PoliFanAthic Send a message via MSN to PoliFanAthic Send a message via Yahoo to PoliFanAthic
Se pune insa o mare problema: ii vor da americanii Osacrul lui Polanski, in ciuda actului sau de acuma peste 20 de ani? Articol de pe imdb:

The woman Roman Polanski was convicted of having underage sex with 25 years ago, has backed the moviemaker's Academy Award campaign, insisting the awards should be based on merit. Polanksi was convicted of Statutory Rape in 1977 when a court heard he had sex with 13-year-old Samantha Geimer. He subsequently fled to France to avoid jail. Geimer has since spoken out for the Polish-born director, insists she has "no hard feelings" towards him - and insists his actions in the past should not hinder Polanksi's chances of picking up an Oscar for his new movie The Pianist next month. Polanksi, who Sunday won Best Film and Best Director at the BAFTAs (British Academy Awards) is nominated in the same categories at the Oscar's. And even though he could not travel to Hollywood to pick up any gong - he would be arrested the moment he steps foot in the States - Geimer insists his conviction should not rule him out of the running. She says, "I don't really have any hard feelings toward him, or any sympathy, either. He is a stranger to me. I believe that Mr. Polanski and his film should be honored according to the quality of the work. What he does for a living and how good he is at it have nothing to do with me or what he did to me." Geimer does not excuse Polanski's actions for which he pleaded guilty to 25 years ago, but does express some sympathy for the controversial character. She recalls, "It was not consensual sex by any means. I said no, repeatedly, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I was alone and I didn't know what to do. It was scary and, looking back, very creepy." A plea bargain was initially agreed by the attorneys for both parties, but at the last minute the judge refused to honor the deal. Worried he would have to spend 50 years in prison, Polanski fled. Geimer charitably explains, "I know there is a price to pay for running. But who wouldn't think about running when facing a 50-year sentence from a judge who was clearly more interested in his own reputation than a fair judgment or even the well-being of the victim?"
PoliFanAthic is offline   Reply With Quote sendpm.gif